Global Alliance for Musculoskeletal Health
The activities of the Global Alliance of Musculoskeletal Health (G-MUSC) are focused on raising the priority for musculoskeletal conditions on the global and national health agenda. These activities are reflected in a recent article of the WHO Bulletin.
- Advocacy: To raise awareness of public and policy makers of the burden of musculoskeletal conditions and what can be achieved by implementing effective prevention and treatment
- Surveillance: To increase knowledge of the suffering and cost to society associated with musculoskeletal conditions and to support the implementation of effective strategies by developing targets and monitoring performance
- Prevention and control: To improve access to cost-effective prevention and treatment
- Education: To empower people through supporting knowledge transfer for effective learning for clinicians and people with MSK conditions
- Knowledge sharing: To provide access to information that will help to include musculoskeletal health as part of global and national policy reform
This will be achieved through partnerships to develop sustainable networks at global, regional and national levels as well as research to increase research that will advance understanding of musculoskeletal disorders and improve prevention and treatment.